The new OptimAAte® amino acid formulation provides the amino acids that are needed for exercise when the body needs them. This new generation product challenges the traditional pre-workout supplements that take a “shotgun” approach to nutrient support for exercise by including multiple components. These old-style compositions include energy metabolites and plant extracts in the hope that something will provide value in supporting the body during exercise.
- And just for good measure, the companies include some stimulants like caffeine and beta-alanine, to ensure there is an obvious energy surge following ingestion.
A quick scan of the internet will reveal that these products contain a huge range of variable components, including: Multi-vitamins (B…. D), Beta-alanine, citrulline, carnitine, creatinine, sugar, agmatine, caffeine, tyrosine, Astragalas, citrus bioflavinoids, Schizandra extract…….
- OptimAAte® contains just six amino acids which have been shown to be in very high demand during exercise.
Many people find these old-style pre-workout supplements beneficial, but some warnings have appeared that extended use may not be beneficial.
The challenge for the old-style pre-workout supplements:
- Are these pre-workout components actually in short supply during exercise?
- Do they really help the body recover better and help maintain muscles?
At best, this would be a ”maybe” on the premise that they are providing a broad range of components that might be useful to the body in supporting energy-driven exercise.
- But an over-supply of certain compounds does not always mean more energy and better performance, even though the provision of the caffeine and other stimulants certainly gives one the feeling of more energy.
What is the alternative?
At InnovAAte, the scientists have identified specific amino acids that are actually lost in greatest abundance during exercise and formed the simple strategy of replacing these amino acids as soon as possible. If this is done during or immediately after exercise, then,
- Energy supply can be optimised
- Protein synthesis can be optimised
- the body can better preserve its own integrity, reduce loss of muscle mass and improve recovery.
This represents a totally new approach to designing pre-workout, workout and recovery formulations that are
- Based on science to replenish those nutrients in highest demand
- Rapidly absorbed for the body to deliver amino acids to target muscles and organs
- Cheap and efficient
- OptimAAte®: can be taken as a pre-workout supplement; improves performance; reduces fatigue (see testimonial)
- 130 servings per tub; 46c per serve
- ElectrAAte®: improves performance, rehydration, recovery
- 80 servings per tub; 76c per serve
Both OptimAAte® and ElectrAAte® do not contain any sugar or caffeine and are vegan friendly. Both products have been tested by an independent laboratory to be sure that that they do not contain WADA banned substances so they are safe for use by elite athletes and people in restricted workplaces.
- OptimAAte® can be mixed in water or drinks such as fruit juices and smoothies, or blended into foods such as bread.
- ElectrAAte can be mixed in the drink bottle with a light lemon flavouring.