Summer weather can be extremely hot and present a challenge for maintaining good health – the key is to maintain good hydration.
When you are working in the heat or exercising, you can lose litres of sweat every hour and hydration becomes important .
You can easily lose litres of fluid just sitting and surviving a day of heat – you need hydration. It is important to drink water but, when you sweat, you lose salts (electrolytes) and amino acids as well.
- Sweating is an important body function that helps with cooling and maintaining temperature control. It is also an important process for excreting some waste products.
- It has an associated cost which is the loss of some primary amino acids and electrolytes.
Sports drinks currently available provide fluid and electrolyte replacement but none have the primary amino acids lost in sweat.
- Many have large quantities of sugar!
When it comes to hydration in the heat, especially following workouts and outdoor activities, we need to replenish stocks of both electrolytes and the primary amino acids. If you don’t undergo hydration, then the body won’t have what it needs to maintain good inner health. This shortfall of fluid, electrolytes and the primary amino acids can prolong recovery from exercise and daily activities, leading to fatigue and poor performance.
- Poor performance is not just related to exercise and sport, but also relates to general well-being and performance at work.
At InnovAAte, our scientists have:
- Identified the primary amino acids that are lost in greatest abundance via sweat during exercise.
- Produced a new hydration mix of amino acids and electrolytes called ElectrAAte that is rapidly absorbed for use by the body.
- If you are working in hot conditions, then you can take ElectrAAte during the day as part of your hydration to help restore the balance of fluid, electrolytes and amino acids.
- If you are working out at the gym, training, on a long walk or going for a run, then you can take ElectrAAte as you go for hydration because it is rapidly absorbed and does not need digestion.
- If you are playing competitive outdoor sports like cricket, tennis, soccer, rugby, AFL, riding horses, surfing or rowing, then ElectrAAte can be taken at hydration breaks and between events.
- Usage of OptimAAte® as directed, may assist in the development of muscle mass and the product is useful before, during, or after sustained strenuous exercise.
- Daily supplementation of amino acids has been shown to help reduce fatigue.
- OptimAAte®: 130 servings per tub; 46c per serve
ElectrAAte® has been designed to provide the high-demand amino acids, plus the electrolytes, that can be lost through sweat and urine. The product is useful during, or after sustained strenuous exercise.
- ElectrAAte®: 80 servings per tub; 76c per serve
Both OptimAAte® and ElectrAAte® do not contain any sugar or caffeine and are vegan friendly. Both products have been tested by an independent laboratory to be sure that that they do not contain WADA banned substances so they are safe for use by elite athletes and people in restricted workplaces.