Sleep is an important component of vitality, well-being and good health and independent studies have shown that one of the amino acids in our product, serine, has a major role in promoting sound sleep.
Getting enough sleep is as important for your body as eating right, exercising, and practising good dental hygiene. That’s because lack of sleep not only makes it harder for you to get through the day, it is also linked to all kinds of health problems — from diabetes to increasing blood pressure to weight gain and increased risk for a heart attack. Inadequate sleep even makes it more likely that you’ll catch a cold.
Sleep itself comes in two major forms. Rapid eye movement sleep is our dreaming sleep and getting enough of this REM sleep may help to preserve memory and cognitive function. Quiet sleep is the other form and is when the body renews and repairs itself, with growth hormone released by the pituitary gland to stimulate tissue growth and muscle repair. This deep sleep is thought to help prepare the body to defend itself against infection.
Your can help your body sleep better by cutting caffeine, quitting smoking, avoiding alcohol, and getting active.
Serine is one of the major components of OptimAAte®. Provision of serine has been reported in the scientific literature as contributing to the improvement of sleep quality.
- You can see the original scientific research article here.
OptimAAte® and ElectrAAte® are the next generation amino acid supplements designed to replenish what is lost most during the day from general exertion. These losses are amplified during exercise and life in a hot climate, and can also be exacerbated during bouts of infection.
- Usage of OptimAAte® as directed may assist in the development of muscle mass and the product is useful before, during, or after sustained strenuous exercise.
- Daily supplementation of amino acids has been shown to help reduce fatigue.
- OptimAAte® can be mixed with water in your drink bottle or cup.
- ElectrAAte® can be mixed in the drink bottle or cup and has a light lemon flavouring.
See our blog on exercise and recovery