We all love sitting in the sun on a beach or having a drink at our favourite rooftop bar – but in all the fun, you don’t realise how much you are sweating and how much water, amino acids and electrolytes you are losing. In our hot climate we have to sweat to stay cool and therefore you are continuously losing water, amino acids and electrolytes.
We wanted to find out exactly what you lose when you are in hot conditions so we ran a little test to compare exercise sweat and sweat from sitting still in the heat. When you sit in a sauna for 45 minutes, you sweat profusely, and this process will have you losing more amino acids than in sweat you generate during exercise!! New research shows that passive sweat (generated without exercise) has nearly double the amounts of amino acids than in sweat generated during exercise.
This means you lose more amino acids sitting on the beach sweating in the sun, than you do exercising for the same amount of time.We now have the scientific data to show that the sweat collected by sitting in a hot environment without any exercise can result in losing significant quantities of amino acids, fluids and electrolytes.
- This research was published in a recent article comparing the composition of the passive and exercise sweat. It also looked at the changes in sweat composition over 65 minutes of cycling in a controlled environment.
- Exercise generates a trigger which reduces the losses of amino acids to conserve much needed resources to support the exercise.
We are often asked the question: I don’t workout and I don’t do endurance sport, so how can an amino acid supplement help me?
Well, based on the research, the losses from a life-style basking on the beach, could lead to even more exacerbated losses of amino acids than those exercising in the warmer weather. Proper replenishment with the amino acids and electrolytes could be very beneficial for those living the quieter lifestyle.
- Fluid loss over the course of the day without formalised exercise, still involves substantial levels of exertion associated with commuting to work, shopping, organising family……
InnovAAte researchers have shown that there is a group of six amino acids that are in very high demand for a large range of body chemistry processes to maintain good health. These amino acids are also lost in copious quantities via sweat and urine. The identification of this group of six amino acids is the secret behind the InnovAAte science – we have worked out what amino acids are lost at the faster rates because of their higher demands in the body.
The concept is simple – we replenish these key factors to provide the body with what it needs, when it needs them.
OptimAAte® is a next generation amino acid supplement designed to replenish what is lost most during the day from general exertion. It is designed for daily consumption to charge the body with what is needs to support the day’s activities. These amino acids can help reduce fatigue and provide vitality.
ElectrAAte® is a next generation amino acid + electrolyte hydration supplement that, when mixed in water, is designed to replenish what is lost during sweat from daily exertion and life in the hot sun. It is ideal for taking during and after work and exercise to help properly hydrate the body.
- OptimAAte® can be mixed in water or drinks such as fruit juices and smoothies, or blended into foods such as bread.
- ElectrAAte® can be mixed in the drink bottle and has a light lemon flavouring.