If you are healthy and putting on weight then the simple explanation is that you are eating more than you need for your day’s exertion. It is all about striking the correct balance between what you eat and the amount of exercise you do and amino acid supplementation can help maintain muscle mass, whilst your target is to lose fat.
How this works
- In a day, you use up and lose substantial quantities of important nutrient resources in the sweat including amino acids and electrolytes.
- Our research has shown that six key amino acids are lost at vastly greater rates than others.
- The body cannot always keep up with supply under restricted diets and higher exercise regimes
- These key amino acids can thus become in short supply.
- Under these conditions, the body will break down muscle proteins to supply the high-demand amino acids.
- In recovery, there is a lot of protein rebuilding to replenish muscle mass.
OptimAAte® and ElectrAAte® are the next generation amino acid supplements designed to replenish what is lost most during the day from general exertion. These losses are amplified during exercise and life in a hot climate, and can also be exacerbated during bouts of infection.
- Usage of OptimAAte® as directed may assist in the development of muscle mass and the product is useful before, during, or after sustained strenuous exercise.
- Daily supplementation of amino acids has been shown to help reduce fatigue.
- OptimAAte® can be mixed with water in your drink bottle or cup.
- ElectrAAte® can be mixed in the drink bottle or cup and has a light lemon flavouring.
See our blog on exercise and recovery