As an F45 studio owner, I am regularly training at high intensity levels, usually 5-6 days per week. One of the challenges I face, both personally and as a studio owner, is being able to maintain muscle mass whilst on a calorie controlled nutrition plan designed for fat loss.
I decided to test the products over the course of a 4 week period, measuring my results on an Inbody (body composition scanner). I was very pleased to see that over this period I had managed to maintain my muscle mass, whilst still being able to reduce body fat! I also noticed an improvement in endurance levels whilst training. The product tastes great with just a hint of lemon, meaning it can be consumed whilst training too.
Cam, Gosford, October 2020
How does this work?
When you are undertaking an intense training program over a period of time, your body has a very high demand for six specific amino acids. When you are exercising, these are supplied by the body’s ability to breakdown existing muscle proteins to supply amino acids.
- If you are on a restricted diet to achieve fat loss, then this exacerbates the need for these amino acids.
- Under these conditions, the breakdown of muscle proteins can continue well into your recovery phase.
- The net result of high intensity training and dietary restriction can thus lead to a reduction in muscle mass.
- This is not the desired effect!!
- You can take OptimAAte as a pre-workout and daily supplement.
- You can take ElectrAAte during training and/or after exercise.
- Perform better during endurance exercise.
- Recover more effectively from training and competition.
- More efficiently lose weight.
One serve of OptimAAte® contains only 22kJ or 5.3 Calories
One serve of ElectrAAte® contains only 26kJ or 6.3 Calories
Read more blogs:
- Sport and Exercise Recovery
- Exercise and Recovery
- High Intensity Training – impact summary
- What should be in a Pre-workout supplement
- What is the difference between OptimAAte and ElectrAAte