Maintaining good hydration is critical for good health and well-being. As little as a 3% loss of water from your body can lead to lack of energy, difficulty in concentrating, sub-optimal brain function and an overall loss of up to 50% decrease in personal performance.
- This would be equivalent to a 70Kg person losing about 2L of fluid
Working in hot environments, you can lose 1-2L fluid per hour – but don’t be fooled – you can also lose significant quantities of fluid in colder conditions. The fluid can evaporate in gyms running heating systems or can be held in clothing.
- To achieve hydration, you need to develop your personal hydration strategy – see our hydration strategy blog.
OptimAAte® and ElectrAAte® are the next generation amino acid supplements designed to replenish what is lost most during the day from general exertion. These losses are amplified during exercise and life in a hot climate, and can also be exacerbated during bouts of infection.
- Usage of OptimAAte® as directed may assist in the development of muscle mass and the product is useful before, during, or after sustained strenuous exercise.
- Daily supplementation of amino acids has been shown to help reduce fatigue.
- OptimAAte® can be mixed with water in your drink bottle or cup.
- ElectrAAte® can be mixed in the drink bottle or cup and has a light lemon flavouring.
See our blog on exercise and recovery
By Hugh Dunstan
S.G., Retail Manager BridgeClimb Sydney
Over our summer peak period at BridgeClimb Sydney, I recommended an optional amino acids supplement to be available for our teams – ElectrAAte by InnovAAte. ElectrAAte is an amino acids + electrolytes supplement that assists with muscle fatigue recovery and hydration. With all team members across the business working longer shifts in higher temperatures, some climbing the bridge 3 times/day, assisting hydration and recovery is a huge asset for us to be able to continue to deliver the highest possible standards for our customers. Team members who used the product found they were less fatigued and ready to bounce back quicker in the following days. If you have high performing teams and heading into a period where they might be feeling tired and stressed, using this product might help maintain your teams’ optimal performance. Thank you to Hugh Dunstan and the InnovAAte team for helping us deliver a fantastic summer period for customers and staff alike!