The InnovAAte philosophy
InnovAAte strives to develop simple solutions using scientifically formulated products with pure amino acids and electrolyte ingredients. There are no complex proteins, carbohydrates, fats, herbal extracts or any other substances that are on TGA scheduled lists or he WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) list of banned substances.
To achieve these goals, we undertook extensive research to:
- Understand which amino acids are lost in the greatest quantities via sweat and urine during daily exertion.
- Develop solutions to match requirements
Identify the high-demand amino acids and electrolytes for the body
There has been no guessing as to which amino acids might be helpful. We have measured what is lost during exercise and during the day. We verified the nature of the specific losses using computer modelling of daily metabolism.
- We have identified six amino acids that are lost in disproportionately higher quantities than the other amino acids.
- We were able to make sense of these losses by using computer modelling techniques to assess turnovers of proteins and amino acids by the body.
The concept of replenishing limiting resources
Understanding metabolism is critical to the InnovAAte products. An analogy would be that if you are building an engine and you run out of cogs, then you cannot finish the engine and it will not work. It is the same with the body – if certain amino acid “parts” are in short supply, then you cannot complete construction of the protein.
- If just one key nutrient resource is in short supply, then this can limit the ability of the body to efficiently perform specific tasks, such as
Our products are designed to deliver a quantity of these high demand amino acids which may help replenish the body with the amino acids that were lost most from sweat and urine. We aim to restock these key important resources that are in high demand by the active body:
- Six high-demand Amino acids (OptimAAte® and ElectrAAte®)
- Plus five high-demand Electrolytes (ElectrAAte®)
Central recovery with replenishment of the limiting amino acids at the right time:
The operational theory for these products is simple:
- Provide the high demand amino acids before, during and/or after exercise as feasible.
- These amino acids are rapidly absorbed and can be used by the body as required to support exercise.
- This is aimed at immediately countering the losses measured in sweat.
- In turn, there will theoretically be less demand for the body to breakdown its own muscle proteins to supply the amino acids needed for exercise.
- The identification of these core high-demand amino acids was based on the facts that they are:
- Lost at disproportionately faster rates in sweat and urine than the other amino acids
- Central to supporting numerous processes within the body, for example:
- The synthesis of the key components of DNA
- Nerve transmission
- Folate metabolism
- Maintaining skin moisture
- Electrolyte balance
- Formation of hormones
- Soft tissue repair
- Required to enable the body to perform efficiently by making what it needs when it needs it.
- This would be based on the assumption that one has a well balanced and healthy diet.
OptimAAte® and ElectrAAte® are the next generation amino acid supplements designed to replenish what is lost most during the day from general exertion. These losses are amplified during exercise and life in a hot climate.
- Usage of OptimAAte® as directed may assist in the development of muscle mass and the product is useful before, during, or after sustained strenuous exercise.
- OptimAAte® can be mixed with water in your drink bottle or cup.
- ElectrAAte® can be mixed in the drink bottle or cup and has a light lemon flavouring.
See our blog on exercise and recovery